KRU 2017 TRANSFER SEASON OPENING DAY; 23RD OCTOBER 2017
KRU 2017 TRANSFER SEASON CLOSING DAY; 10TH NOVEMBER 2017
Transfer fees to be paid if a club is interested in signing a player.
- Not exceeding Ksh10,000 for any player who has been with a club for 1 season.
- Not exceeding Ksh 50,000 for any player who has been with a club for at least 2 seasons and has played at least 50% of all matches and is a registered player and not contracted.
- Not Exceeding Ksh 100,000 for any player who has been with the club for at least 2 seasons and played at least 50% of all league matches, and has represented Kenya at any level, or played Internationally outside Kenya and is a registered player and not contracted.
- Contacted players transfer fees shall be determined by the signed contract deposited with KRU but shall not exceed Ksh 200,000 unless both clubs agree on a higher fee.
- Contracted Player is one who receives material benefits in form of allowances, education fees,housing, monthly stipend etc. exceeding Kes 3,750 per week or Kes 15,000 per month.
- 10% of transfer fees AGREED shall be paid to KRU as a fee and shall not exceed a maximum of Ksh 10,000.00. For avoidance of doubt, this is the 10% of the total agreed transfer fee based on the category the player lies (1-4)
Registration of Contracted Players at any Level
- (13.6.3 of the KRU Regulation)
- The following documents must be submitted to the Registrar/ Fixtures Administrator in respect of an application for registration of a Contracted Player (including a Contracted Overseas Player) or a Player who will be contracted to the Club upon Effective Registration:
- (a) evidence that the Player may be Effectively Registered with the applicant Club (i.e. evidence that any previous Contract has expired or that the other party to it consents to the application for Registration or other evidence satisfactory to the Registrar); and
(b) the Contract or the Contract Approval Form.
KRU TRANSFER PROCEDURE
Original Club: The Club which the Transferring Player Is currently registered with according to the KRU Player Register
Receiving Club: The Club which the Transferring Player proposes to join during the Transfer Window
Transfer Fees: The fee which may be agreed by clubs as consideration for a transfer in all cases as prescribed by the KRU Regulations, as amended from time to time
Transfer Window: The designated period during which transfers may take place as prescribed by the KRU Regulations
Transferring Player: the player subject of the transfer
STEP 1. THE RECEIVING CLUB EXPRESSES INTEREST TO SIGN TRANSFERING PLAYER FROM ORIGINAL CLUB
- The Receiving Club will approach the Original Club to enquire about the availability of the Transferring Player.
- The approach, if acceptable,would then be followed by a written expression of interest from the Club Secretary (copied to Club Chairman and to email@example.com).
- Clubs are allowed to negotiate offline with a view to reach agreement.
- No club should purport to sign or contact a player without approaching the Original Club in the first instance.
STEP 2: THE ORIGINAL CLUB CONSENTS TO THE TRANSFER INCLUDING THE FEES AND PAYMENT TERMS
- The Original Club will confirm in writing to the Receiving Club that it consents to transfer request.
- If the Original Club does not consent to the transfer, the Original Club needs to provide justified cause in terms of the KRU Regulations of its objection to the proposed transfer.
- All communication on the transfers will come from the Club Secretary (copied to Transferring Player, Club Chairman and to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once the Clubs agree on the transfer fee, such fact will be documented and included in the Transfer Form.
STEP 3: RECEIVING CLUB AND ORIGINAL CLUB FILL IN THE TRANSFER FORM AND SIGN AGREEMENT
- The Clubs and Transferring Player will complete the Transfer Form which will be signed by all the Parties.
- For each club, at least two officials including the Club Secretary must sign and stamp the Forms.
- The Transferring Player signature must also be witnessed by a knowledgeable party capable of contracting.
STEP 4: RECEIVING CLUB DELIVERS THE TRANSFER FORM TO KRU AND PAYS THE 10%FEE DUE TO KRU.
- Once KRU has approved the transfer, the transfer is filed and the Transferring Player is registered under the Receiving Club.
- Approval of the transfer is pegged to completing payment of the transfer fee in full unless a payment plan has been agreed upon and signed off by the two clubs. In that case, payment of the fee to KRU will be sufficient to complete the transfer.
- Should payment of the Transfer Fee not be received by KRU by the close of the Transfer Window, the Transfer is void.
- As a general rule, a player cannot be restrained from transferring clubs. However, players must clear with their Original Clubs prior to changing clubs.
- If clubs enter into a payment plan for transfer fees and the Receiving Club defaults, KRU shall bear no responsibility in assisting the Original Club collect its Transfer Fee.
- At the close of the transfer window, KRU will publish a list of players who have changed clubs according to its Register.
- No player shall be eligible to play for the Receiving Club until the transfer is complete.
- KRU will publish penalties for clubs which violate the transfer rules.
- KRU League Committee will arbitrate on disputes between clubs in relation to the transfer rules.
- A Transferring Player also has the right to appeal to the KRU League Committee in the event the Original Club declines to release them without cause.
- KRU reserves the right to amend these transfer rules at any time to ensure that they serve the best and highest interest of the game of rugby union at all times.